Ian's Cottage sleeps 2
Ian's Cottage lies tucked away at the top of our land with fantastic views from the bedroom and living room across the fields to the Mendip Hills in the distance, not a road in sight! It has a large, private enclosed and lawned garden with south facing terrace - a real sun trap in the summer and a very peaceful spot to relax on a sun lounger with a good book and a glass of wine. The cottage is warm and cosy in winter with a blazing log burner in the sitting/dining room and the luxury of underfloor heating in the kitchen and downstairs bathroom. Although small, with it's country style furnishings it has been designed to provide every comfort without losing it's rustic charm. Garden furniture, a barbecue and a shed for storing bicycles are available. There is parking for one car with steps up to the garden and cottage.
Check in from 4pm
Check out by 11am
- wood beamed living/dining room
- wood burning stove
- HD Smart TV with Freeview so you can log in to your netflix/amazon/iplayer etc accounts and catch up your favourite TV programmes
- radio/CD player
- electric cooker
- lavazza coffee machine
- automatic washing machine
- bath/wc with a shower over the bath
- under floor heating in the kitchen and bathroom
- electric heaters in living room and bedroom
- beamed double bedroom on the first floor - king size bed with memory foam mattress topper for that extra level of comfort
- marvellous views of the Mendip Hills
- free Wifi
- Please note that this is an old building so the doorways into the kitchen and bathroom are slightly lower than normal and the wooden stairs leading to the bedroom are narrow and a little steep although there aren't too many steps.
To book online please go to our Booking Page where you can book at the best prices with no extra fees
What is included
Our linen is luxurious egyptian cotton and for each guest there is a large fluffy bath sheet, bath towel, bathrobe and slippers.
A welcome pack of essentials such as milk, sugar, hot chocolate, tea, coffee (ground and instant), olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
Eco friendly cleaning products.
Electricity included powered by solar PV panels, initial fuel for the woodburner is included, thereafter available at cost.
Due to it's design and layout Ian's Cottage is not suitable for crawling babies, toddlers or small children.
Smoking is only permitted outside.
Access is approximately a quarter of a mile down a fairly bumpy farm track which is easily accessible for all but the lowest of vehicles.
Sorry but we do not accept dogs.